CSR Radiotherapy Welfare Fund
Beacon Hospital takes pride in being among the first few private hospitals in Malaysia to sponsor or subsidise the cost of radiotherapy treatment for underprivileged patients.
Founded in 2011, the Beacon CSR Radiotherapy Welfare Fund is a project initiated by the management team of Beacon Hospital to help less privileged cancer patients and their family members in their battle with cancer.
The objective of this CSR programme are to:
- Create public awareness about cancer
- Share the latest technologies/medical breakthroughs in oncology with members of the public
- Emphasise the importance of early detection and encourage patients to seek treatment during early stages of cancer
- Provide financial support for less privileged cancer patients in Malaysia seeking treatment
To date, this programme has channelled more than RM9 million in financial aid to help ease the burden faced by many underprivileged cancer patients. It also serves as a channel to educate the patients and their families on cancer and general well-being.
For now, the Radiotherapy Welfare Fund is only available to patients undergoing the LINAC Radiotherapy and/or Cyberknife Radiosurgery treatments. It is open to all Malaysian citizens who meet the financial and socio-economic criteria of this Programme.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for funding under the Radiotherapy Welfare Fund?
The patient or his/her next of kin may apply by seeking advice from our CSR officer.
2. Where can I get the application form?
You may obtain the application form from our staff at the front desk of Beacon Hospital.
3. How long will it take for my application to be processed?
All applications will be processed within 3 – 5 working days upon submission of complete documents. The decision may be delayed if the supporting documents are not complete.
4. How much financial aid can I get?
The amount of welfare aid approved for each case is different. Various parameters, including treatment affordability, socio-economic status and past medical expenditure, are considered in processing your application, and will be used as the basis to determine how much aid you will be awarded.
5. I am not from Klang Valley and therefore cannot submit the required documents on time. Can I fax/mail/email the documents?
Yes. You may email to email@example.com or fax to 03- 7786 0990. Kindly follow up with our CSR officers after faxing/mailing/emailing the documents to ensure that we have received them.
6. Will the personal and financial information submitted together with my CSR application be shared with anyone else without my consent?
No. All information obtained in the CSR application is deemed highly confidential and will not be shared with any parties without your consent.