Giving Back to the Community
Combating cancer can be a long, arduous and expensive journey for patients and their families. In addition to the trauma of a cancer diagnosis, some patients may face additional stress when struggling to pay the costly medical bills for cancer treatments.
At Beacon Hospital, we believe that we play an important role in helping cancer patients navigate the healing journey. When cancer patients decline treatment because they cannot afford it, or live in debt when they leave the hospital, it goes against our basic mission of serving patients with compassion.
Beacon Hospital has always endeavoured to give back to the community, and to cancer patients in particular, through our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes.
Beacon CSR Programme
Founded in 2011, the Beacon CSR Programme is a project initiated by the management team of Beacon Hospital to help less privileged cancer patients and their family members in their battle with cancer.
The objectives of this CSR programme are to:
- Create public awareness about cancer
- Share the latest technologies/medical breakthroughs in oncology with members of the public
- Emphasise the importance of early detection and encourage patients to seek treatment during early stages of cancer
- Provide financial support for less privileged cancer patients in Malaysia seeking treatment (CSR Welfare Fund)
With this programme, Beacon Hospital takes pride in being among the first few private hospitals in Malaysia to sponsor or subsidise the cost of radiotherapy treatment for underprivileged patients.
To date, this programme has already channeled more than RM7 million in financial aid to help ease the burden faced by many underprivileged cancer patients. It also serves as a channel to educate the patients and their families on cancer and general well-being.
Currently, the Radiotherapy Welfare Fund is only applicable for patients undergoing the LINAC Radiotherapy and/or Cyberknife Radiosurgery treatments. It is open to all Malaysian citizens who meet the financial and socio-economic criteria.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I apply for funding under the Radiotherapy Welfare Fund?
The patient or his/her next of kin may apply by seeking advice from our CSR officer.
2. Where can I get the application form?
You may obtain the application form from our staff at the front desk of Beacon Hospital.
3. How long will it take for my application to be processed?
All applications will be processed within 3 – 5 working days upon submission of complete documents. The decision may be delayed if the supporting documents are not complete.
4. How much financial aid can I get?
The amount of welfare aid approved for each case is different. Various parameters, including treatment affordability, socio-economic status and past medical expenditure, are considered in processing your application, and will be used as the basis to determine how much aid you will be awarded.
5. I am not from Klang Valley and therefore cannot submit the required documents on time. Can I fax/mail/email the documents?
Yes. You may email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 03- 7786 0990. Kindly follow up with our CSR officers after faxing/mailing/emailing the documents to ensure that we have received them.
6. Will the personal and financial information submitted together with my CSR application be shared with anyone else without my consent?
No. All information obtained in the CSR application is deemed highly confidential and will not be shared with any parties without your consent.