A cataract is a clouding of the lens inside the eye, which causes vision loss that cannot be corrected with glasses. This occurs when protein in the lens clumps up and clouds the lens, which reduces the light that reaches the retina. When the cataract is small, the cloudiness may only affect a small part of the lens. However, as the cataract grows, the cloudiness becomes worse, causing one’s vision to be affected. Most cataracts are associated with the aging process and are common among older people. According to a report, it is estimated that in the next 5 to 10 years, approximately 1.3 million Malaysians over the age of 50 will develop cataract and it will be the leading cause of blindness in the country.
Other than age, some of the other risk factors for cataract are diabetes, smoking, and alcohol habits as well as prolonged sunlight exposure. Those who have a family history of cataracts may also develop it when they are in their 40s and 50s.
The most common symptoms of a cataract include:
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Colours seem faded
- Poor night vision
- Double vision or multiple images in one eye
As cataract surgery becomes a necessity for many at some point in their life, the cost of getting one done with a good quality lens can be high. To help ease the financial burden that comes with it, Beacon Hospital is offering a subsidized cataract surgery program for RM1,588 per eye. The lens used in this surgery will be of high quality and from the USA.
Call us today at +6012-322 9392 / +6018-788 3736 for more information and appointment.
- A Malaysian citizen
- Age 50 years old and above
- Diagnosed as having cataract
- Household income less than RM6,000
- Does not have any insurance / medical card coverage
Terms & Conditions
- This offer period is valid from 15 April to 31 December 2019.
- This offer is limited to the first 1,000 customers only.
- The price of cataract surgery service is RM1,588 (Per eye) only.
- Package includes monofocal lens, procedure fee, and doctor’s fee.
- Package does not include the cost of blood tests, ECG, chest X-ray, and take-home medications.
- Customers with first visit to Beacon Hospital are required to pay RM15 for registration fee; whereas customers with second visit and above are required to pay RM5.
- Customers with first visit are entitled to free consultation and assessment.
- Beacon Hospital Sdn Bhd reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions without prior notice.