Osteoarthritis ( Wear and tear of joints ) refers to a joint where two bones meet up. The finishing of these bones is secured with protective tissue called cartilage. With osteoarthritis, this cartilage separates, causing the bones inside the joint to rub together. This can cause pain and stiffness.
Symptoms will be shown in general form after some time instead of showing up suddenly. They include:
- Pain in the joint during daily activity.
- Joint stiffness normally happens before anything else in the morning or in the wake of resting.
- Constrained scope of movement that may disappear after movement.
- Cracking sound when a joint bends.
- Swelling of joint.
- Muscle shortcoming around the joint.
Bone densitometry, or bone mineral density scanning is a quick and non-invasive screening test that helps to estimate the density of the bone by measuring the amount of mineral matter per square centimeter of bone. Bone density is used as an indirect indicator of osteoporosis and fracture risk. Reduced bone mineral density can be seen in osteoporosis, a condition characterized by brittle bones.
In effort to spread awareness about Osteoporosis, Beacon Hospital is offering bone densitometry scan promotion at RM29.90 under its CSR programme. This promotion aims to encourage more people to do a bone mineral densitometry scan on the spine and hip for the diagnosis of osteoporosis and osteopenia (which may be a precursor of osteoporosis) as early treatment helps to prevent bone fractures.
Terms and Conditions:
- This CSR programme is valid from 2nd November 2020 to 30th November 2020.
- This CSR programme is applicable for customers aged 50 years old and above.
- This CSR programme is limited to the first 50 customers only.
- This CSR programme includes bone densitometry scan, reporting and first consultation fee.
- This CSR programme excludes registration fee, follow-up consultation and other additional tests/medications/procedures.
- This CSR programme is valid for self-pay customers only.
- Customers are required to make prior appointment for the consultation.
- Beacon Hospital reserves all rights to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.