Targeted Therapy Welfare Fund
Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide. The management of breast cancer is complex and is usually customized specifically for individual patients. 1 in 5 breast cancer patients is tested positive for Human Epidermal growth factor Receptor 2 (HER2). HER2 is a protein in the body that promotes the growth of cancer cells aggressively. For breast cancer patients who are HER2 positive, doctors often prescribe a drug called Trastuzumab alongside other treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy & radiotherapy to enhance the outcome of the treatment. This treatment, however, is very costly, and many patients could not afford to pay for it. As a result, some patients choose to go for unproven traditional treatments, which might cause bad outcome and recurrences.
The Targeted Therapy Welfare Fund for Breast Cancer is a corporate social responsibility (CSR) program initiated by Beacon Hospital and Roche Malaysia. The objective of this program is to reduce the financial burden of breast cancer patients by enabling them to gain access to targeted therapy (Trastuzumab). Under this program, eligible breast cancer patients are given access to this treatment at a subsidized rate. Patients are only required to pay RM2,500 per cycle for Trastuzumab treatment which is a fraction of the normal charges.
For further information, kindly contact our CSR officer at +603-7620 7979 / +6011-1090 6588 or email to email@example.com.
- This Welfare Fund is open to Malaysian citizens only.
- This Welfare Fund is for the patients who are low income, financially challenged, exhausted their finances or insufficient insurance coverage.
- Breast cancer patients seeking adjuvant targeted therapy (Trastuzumab) as prescribed by the attending oncologist in Beacon Hospital.
- Patients are diagnosed with early stage breast cancer.
- Non-palliative and/or metastatic cases.
This program includes:
- Targeted therapy medicine (Trastuzumab) * subcutaneous
- Day-care charges / Drug preparation / Medical consumables
- Nursing charges / Monitoring equipment
This program does not include:
- Doctor’s fee (RM150 per cycle only)
- Lab tests (if needed)
- Additional medication (if required)
- Hospitalization/ Critical care (if required)
- Patients are required to consult oncologist as an outpatient (consultation charges apply) in Beacon Hospital.
- Once the treatment plan is established, the attending oncologist will then refer the case to Beacon’s CSR office for financial assessment and eligibility.
- It will take approximately 3 – 5 working days to process the application.
- Once the application is approved, the patient will be provided with a guarantee letter, which will enable the patient to get the treatment done at the agreed subsidized cost.
Terms & Conditions
- This program is open to Malaysian citizens only.
- This program is applicable to low income patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Applicants are required to fill up application form and submit with supporting documents to CSR department.
- Beacon Hospital Sdn Bhd reserves the rights to amend the terms & conditions anytime without prior notice.