In Malaysia, cervical cancer is the third most common cancer (National Cancer Society Malaysia, 2019). Every year, approximately 2,000 Malaysian women are diagnosed with cervical cancer.
Cervical cancer develops when cells of the cervix grow abnormally and invade other tissues and organs of the body. Most cases of cervical cancer are caused by infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). HPV has been identified to be the cause of at least 70% of cervical cancer (World Health Organization, 2019). This virus can lead to the conversion of normal cells on the surface of the cervix into cancerous cells.
In the early stages of cervical cancer, a person may experience no symptoms at all. As a result, women should have regular cervical smear tests or Pap tests. Besides that, there are three types of vaccines, namely Cervarix, Gardasil and Gardasil 9 available in the market which can help prevent HPV infection in young women.
Unfortunately, most women are not aware of the importance of getting screened as well as getting the HPV vaccination. Additionally, some women are not keen to be seen by male doctors. However, women should consult the doctor if they are experiencing symptoms such as:
- Post-menopausal bleeding,
- Post-coital bleeding,
- Abnormal bleeding in between periods,
- Unusual vaginal discharge,
- Pelvic and abdominal pain.
With the objective of raising awareness on cervical cancer and the importance of screening, Beacon Hospital is launching a Cervical Screening Test package for women who are aged 21 – 64 years old. This package only cost RM150 and includes the following:
- Gynaecology Specialist consultation
- Liquid-based (Surepath) Pap smear
- Pelvic ultrasound scan (Transvaginal)
Don’t lose the golden opportunity of the 5 to 10 years period when the pre-cancer changes are just starting to occur and can be treated. Once it has become cancer, it would be more challenging to treat them.
Call us today 03 – 77872999 or 018 – 2233365 (Office hour: Mon to Fri, 8.30AM – 6PM) for more information and appointment bookings.
Terms & Conditions:
- This promotion is valid from 18 October 2019 to 31 December 2019.
- This service is applicable for females aged 18 years old and above.
- This promotion is limited to the first 200 customers only.
- The promotion includes Liquid-based (Surepath) Pap smear, Gynae Specialist Consultation and Pelvic Ultrasound Scan (Transvaginal).
- This promotion excludes registration fee and other additional tests/ medications/ procedures.
- This package is not valid with other promotions or discounts.
- This promotion is for self-paying patient only.
- Every customer is required to make an appointment prior to the screening.
- Beacon Hospital reserves the right to change the terms & conditions anytime without prior notice.