Seasonal influenza (flu) is an acute respiratory infection caused by influenza viruses that is contagious and might lead to hospitalization or possibly death.
People at high risk of influenza
According to W.H.O, people most at risk for severe seasonal influenza are:
- children younger than 5 years
- people older than 65 years
- pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- people with increased risk of exposure to influenza, which includes health care workers.
- people with chronic medical conditions such as HIV/AIDS, asthma, heart and lung diseases and diabetes
Transmission of Influenza
Influenza can spread quickly between individuals when an infected individual coughs or sneezes, scattering droplets of the virus into the air. It may be likewise spread by hands contaminated by the flu virus.
Precautionary measures ought to be taken to restrict transmission of influenza (Flu):
- Individuals should cover their mouth and nose when coughing.
- Washing the hands thoroughly and regularly.
- The most ideal approach to abstain from getting this seasonal flu virus is to get the flu vaccine every year and consistently.
Beacon Hospital is now offering RM35 per shot of flu vaccine. Vaccination to forestall flu is especially significant for individuals who are at high risk of developing serious flu complications.
Terms and Conditions:
- This promotion is valid from 1st June 2020 to 31st July 2020.
- This promotion is valid while stock last.
- This promotion is applicable for outpatient only.
- This promotion does not include registration fee and other additional tests/ medications/ procedures/ follow-up visits/ consultation charges.
- Customers are required to make prior appointment for the injection.
- Beacon Hospital reserves the rights to amend the terms & conditions anytime without further notice.