Breast cancer is the most common cancer among Malaysian women (Malaysian National Cancer Registry Report 2007-2011). According to Asian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences Vol 1 November 2018, 1 in 19 women among Malaysia will developed with breast cancer in their lifetime. There are around 5,000 Malaysian women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year, and most of them are aged between 30 and 60 years old. Screening is a method used in an attempt to detect early breast cancer. Common screening method includes breast self-examination, mammogram and ultrasound.
Breast self-examination involves the woman herself looking at and feeling each breast for possible lumps, distortions or swelling. Beyond breast self-examinations, the best way to detect early breast cancer is to go for regular mammograms. Women who are 40 years old and above are recommended to go for a mammogram every year.
A mammogram is a low-dose x-ray exam of the breasts to look for changes that are not normal. A mammogram allows the doctor to have a closer look for changes in breast tissue that cannot be felt during a breast self-examination. Early detection, followed by appropriate treatment will lower the risk of serious complications and increase the chances of successful treatment. Regular mammograms reduce deaths from breast cancer by approximately 20% in 2018 (World Health Organisation,IARC).
In conjunction with Pink October, Beacon Hospital is offering a mammogram service at RM39 under its CSR programme. This promotion aims to raise breast cancer awareness and to encourage more women to come forward for regular breast screening.
Terms & Conditions
- This promotion is valid from 7th October 2019 to 6th November 2019.
- This service is applicable for women aged 40 years old and above.
- This promotion is limited to the first 500 customers only.
- Every customer is required to make an appointment prior to the screening.
- This promotion does not include the registration fee and other additional tests/medications/procedures.
- The mammogram report will be ready for collection within 3 working days from the screening date.
- If additional ultrasound service is advised by the radiologist, the customer will be entitled to a promotional price of RM99.
- Beacon Hospital reserves the right to change the terms & conditions anytime without prior notice.