Breast cancer is ranked the first cancer among Malaysian women (Malaysian National Cancer Registry Report 2007-2011). According to Asian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences Vol 1 November 2018, 1 in 19 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime. There are around 5,000 Malaysian women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year, and most of them are aged between 30 and 60 years old. Screening is a method used in an attempt to detect early breast cancer. Common screening method includes breast self-examination, mammogram and ultrasound.
Breast self-examination involves the woman herself looking at and feeling each breast for possible lumps, distortions or swelling. Beyond breast self-examinations, the best way to detect early breast cancer is to go for regular mammograms. Women who are 40 years old and above are recommended to go for a mammogram every year.
A mammogram is a low-dose x-ray exam of the breasts to look for changes that are not normal. A mammogram allows the doctor to have a closer look for changes in breast tissue that cannot be felt during a breast self-examination. Early detection, followed by appropriate treatment will lower the risk of serious complications and increase the chances of successful treatment. Regular mammograms reduce deaths from breast cancer by approximately 20% in 2018 (World Health Organisation,IARC).
In conjunction with Pink October, Beacon hospital is offering a mammogram service at RM39 under its CSR programme. This promotion aims to raise breast cancer awareness and to encourage more women to come forward for regular breast screening.
Contact us today at +6018-2233365 or +603-77872992 (Office hour: Mon to Fri, 8.30AM – 6PM) for more information and appointment bookings.
Terms & Conditions
- This CSR programme is valid from 1 September 2020 to 31st October 2020.
- This CSR programme is applicable for women aged 40 years old and above.
- This CSR programme is limited to the first 1,000 customers only.
- This CSR programme includes mammogram and reporting fee.
- This CSR programme excludes registration fee, breast ultrasound, specialist’s consultation and other additional tests/ medications/ CD / procedures.
- The mammogram report will be ready in 1 week from the screening date.
- This CSR programme is valid for self-pay customers only.
- Customers are required to make prior appointment for the consultation.
- Beacon Hospital reserves all rights to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.