We treat various types of non-healing wounds such as:
- Radiotherapy-induced wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Accident wounds
- Burn wounds
- Any other chronic non-healing wounds/pressure injuries/surgical wounds
There are actually a few different types of ostomies.
At Beacon Hospital, our Enterostomal Therapy and Wound Care Nurse, or ET Nurse, is a registered nurse who has gone through specialised training in treating patients with wounds, or patients who might need or have already had an ostomy (such as an ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy). Not only that, they will also perform a wide variety of critical services such as developing treatment plans and educating patients and their family.
Our services include:
- Wound assessing and monitoring
- Wound cleaning and dressing
- Ostomy care
- Diabetic wound
- Working with the medical team to determine whether additional treatments are required
- Educating on pre and post preparation of stoma surgery
- Educating patients and caregivers about all types of wound and ostomy care, infection and injury prevention, and pressure injury treatment
- Educating patients on the proper use of ostomy collection devices and adhesives, as well as how to apply them correctly.
- Advocate and give moral support to the patients
Your healthcare team will consist of experience doctors and ET Nurses, as they will help you understand the different procedures, overall expectation and will help you making an informed decision.
Beacon Hospital is always at the forefront of medical treatments in Malaysia, equipped with the latest technology and our doctors are equipped with years of experience to serve you better.
If you have any further enquiries regards to our wound & enterostomal therapy nursing care services, our doctors and certified nurses are ready to provide consultation and assist you with necessary information.