1. The purpose of this form is to obtain your consent to participate in a video advisory services with our specialists via Zoom.
2. The full Video Advisory will be recorded. By submitting the Consent Form, you have given your consent for the recording of the Video Advisory.
3. Customers are required to make an appointment at least 1-3 working days in advance.
4. Customers are required to submit a Consent Form online.
5. The Video Advisory is not to be used for emergencies or urgent situations.
6. Your advisory session with our Specialist through the Service is not intended to replace your relationship with your existing specialist care provider. If we have recommended that you seek emergency follow up, we advise that you should seek emergency follow–up with your specialist care provider.
7. Beacon Hospital would like to inform you that there may be potential risk associated with the use of the Service. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
7.1 In some instances, the information transmitted by electronic media may be of insufficient quality to allow the Specialist at Beacon Hospital to give the appropriate medical or health care advice;
7.2 Our Specialist may not be able to give you the desired course of management due to a lack of access to all your medical records;
7.3 Although the electronic system used by Beacon Hospital will incorporate networks and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in some instances, security protocols may fail and cause a breach of privacy or personal health information.
8. Beacon Hospital reserves the right to deny the use of the Service by any customer in the event Beacon Hospital is of the view that there will be actual or potential misuse of the Service.
9. Customers are not allowed to record, share and distribute the Video Advisory in part or in full and disseminated by whatever means by the Customers as each Customer’s case is different and the Specialists’ advice is limited by a lack of information and medical records of the Customers.
10. Beacon Hospital reserves all rights to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.
Disclaimer of medical advice
10.1 You confirm that your use of the Zoom Video Advisory under Beacon Hospital’s Video Advisory Service (“Service”), is conditioned upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Service. By submitting the Consent, you confirm that the terms and conditions of the Service are understood by you and you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Service. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorized to participate in the Service.
10.2 You further confirm that you understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for your own medical care, treatment, and oversight. All of the advices given during the Zoom Video Advisory are for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE FINAL PROVISION OF MEDICAL ADVICE and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment to be provided by your existing specialist care provider.
10.3 The information and advice given during the Zoom Video Advisory do not guarantee that the advice given during the advisory session is the most appropriate course of treatment for your particular medical condition as the information and advice given are based on the limited information provided by you without the opportunity to validate the truth and accuracy of such information provided and whether the information is up-to-date on the date of the Zoom Video Advisory. As there is no clinical examination, the information and advice given by our Specialist are based on assumptions that may differ from the follow-up face-to-face consultation.
10.4 The content is not intended to establish a standard of care to be followed by a user of the Service. You understand and acknowledge that in the event you are advised to seek emergency follow up treatment with your specialist care provider, you should do so immediately. You also understand and acknowledge that you should never disregard or delay seeking medical advice relating to treatment or standard of care because of information contained in or transmitted through the Zoom Video Advisory.
10.5 Medical information and advice change constantly. Therefore, the information and advice given during the Zoom Video Advisory should not be considered current, complete or exhaustive, nor should you rely on such information and advice in the event you delayed in seeking an appointment for a face to face consultation with our medical consultants.
10.6 Beacon Hospital and our Specialist assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs or obligations suffered or incurred by you arising from the use of this Service.