DO YOU KNOW?
Screening with a gastroscopy or colonoscopy aids in the early discovery of digestive disorders as well as cancer, thus improving the chances of a better treatment outcome.
In Malaysia, colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers among men and the second most common among women at a prevalence of 13.5 % as reported by the Malaysian National Cancer Registry 2012-2016. It is not clear why colorectal cancer develops in certain people but not others.
When should I get a colonoscopy or gastroscopy performed?
When symptoms appear: If you exhibit any of the symptoms listed above, make an appointment with your doctor to get an exact diagnosis.
When you have reached your 50s: If you are 50 years and above, it is advisable to get a colonoscopy as screening even though you have no symptoms.
Apart from cancer screening, gastroscopy and colonoscopy are commonly performed to accurately diagnose digestive or stomach problem symptoms so that appropriate medical care can be provided.
In an effort to raise awareness about the importance of regular digestive tract screening, Beacon Hospital is now offering a subsidised package of gastroscopy and colonoscopy for only RM988 as a part of our CSR initiative.
*Terms & Conditions:
- This CSR Programme is valid from 18th September 2023 to 5th January 2024.
- Limited to the first 150 customers only.
- Applicable for self-paying customers only.
- Includes admission fee, doctor procedure fees (endoscope, sedation), endoscopy procedure fee, medical record & day-care charges.
- Excludes registration fee, pre-and post-procedure consultations, bowel preparation pack, COVID-19 RTK Antigen screening fees, additional tests (eg. imaging or lab tests), medications, or procedures (if any).
- In the event of any abnormality such as ulcer/polyp(s)/growth, there will be additional charges incurred (Estimated additional charges from RM3,000 to RM6,000. Claimable under insurance (Pay & Claim) subject to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy).
- Customers are required to make prior appointment for the consultation.
- Beacon Hospital reserves all rights to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.