Experiencing symptoms of neck lumps?
A lump on the neck or neck masses can be large and visible, or they can be very small. Most neck lumps aren’t harmful. Most are also benign, or non-cancerous. But a neck lump can also be a sign of a serious condition, such as an infection or a cancerous growth.
A lump in the neck can be hard or soft, tender or non-tender, and a benign fatty growth. A lump might also come from tissues and organs within your neck. Where the lump begins plays a significant role in figuring out what it is. Because there are numerous muscles, tissues, and organs close to the neck, there are numerous spots where neck lumps can begin, including:
Various arteries and veins
Various arteries and veins
The best way to be certain about your lump isn't anything to stress over is to visit a specialist and get everything checked out. It is as simple as, if it is delicate, it is less inclined to have a stressing cause. If it is red or delicate, it likely could be an infection and it might require antibiotics. Attention needs to be given to the lumps that in general feel hard, solid, or craggy, and have continuously grown over a period of time.
Common causes of neck lumps include enlarged salivary glands and swollen lymph nodes which were led by different factors:-
|Cause of Neck lump
|Enlarged salivary glands
|Swollen lymph nodes
• Salivary gland tumour
• Stone in salivary duct
|• Bacterial/viral infection
• Cancer (thyroid cancer, lymphoma, head & neck cancer)
• Thyroid disease
• Allergic reaction
At Beacon Hospital, we urge you to get screened if you are having any of the following symptoms:
• Presence of neck lump/mass that seems not going away.
• Unexplained weight loss.
• Recent voice change.
• Unusually fast heart rate.
• Feeling exhausted or experiencing difficulty breathing.
Beacon Hospital is now offering Free Neck Ultrasound Screening to increase awareness of the importance of screening for early detection of cancer/diseases that can endanger your life. Like any illness, it’s better to get a diagnosis and treatment as early as possible, particularly if your neck lump ends up being to be caused by something serious.
*Terms & Conditions:
- This CSR programme is valid from 3rd April 2023 to 30th September 2023.
- This CSR programme is open for first 300 customers only.
- This CSR programme includes a neck ultrasound screening and first-time consultation by specialists.
- This CSR programme excludes registration fee, follow-up consultation and other additional tests/medications/procedures.
- Customers are required to make prior appointment for the programme.
- Beacon Hospital reserves the right to change the terms & conditions anytime without prior notice.